Sennheiser’s new CX SPORT brings joy to any workout with brilliant sound. The in-ear Bluetooth headphones offer the freedom of wireless listening in an ultra-lightweight, splash- and sweat-resistant design. Designed to move, the new CX SPORT features ergonomic fins that keep the earbuds comfortably secure. The headphones can either be worn around the neck or in front, with a cable organizer that adjusts the cable length, and an optional clip that can be used to fix the CX SPORT on the workout shirt. With a choice of three fin sizes and a selection of four sizes of ear adapters, it is easy to find a perfect fit that blocks outside noise and helps athletes stay focused.
Thanks to Sennheiser’s exacting quality standards, the CX SPORT is tough enough to take on any challenge with extra assurance provided by splash and sweat resistance. The headphones are equipped with a proprietary speaker system from the audio specialist, delivering clear, detailed sound with an enhanced bass response.
“For many, headphones are a true workout essential. We have designed the CX SPORT to deliver everything athletes need to get the most out of their workout session – great sound, secure fit and a robust but lightweight design”, said Marcel Salzmann, Product Manager at Sennheiser.
Breadth of features, slimline design
Despite its slim design, the CX SPORT has a breadth of advanced features to keep pace with everyday life. Multi-connection capability allows the headphones to be connected to up to two devices simultaneously. Meanwhile, Bluetooth 4.2 and Qualcomm apt-X ensure uncompromised wireless Hi-Fi sound. When using the CX SPORT for watching videos, Qualcomm apt-X Low Latency compatibility keeps the audio transmission perfectly in sync with the visuals. Ease of use is ensured by a three-button inline remote control for managing music and calls, as well as by convenient voice prompts that provide notifications of pairing and battery status.
The CX SPORT has a six-hour battery life, which can be fast charged via USB in just ten minutes to offer a further hour of playback, and fully charged in 1.5 hours. The headphones come supplied with a neoprene carry pouch.
- Wearing style: Neckband
- Impedance: 28 Ohm (Passive), 480 Ohm (Active)
- Microphone Type: MEMS
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2
- Supported Profiles: A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.4, HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6 – HD Voice (Or higher)
- Frequency response: 15 – 22000Hz
- Max. sound pressure level: 118dB (Passive: 1kHz/ 1Vrms) > Active
- THD, total harmonic distortion:
- Ear coupling: In-Ear
- Transducer principle: Dynamic
- Weight: 15.07 g
- Audio input: Bluetooth
- Range: Up to 10m
- Operating voltage (mains): 3.0-4.2V
- Battery Specification: Built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion Polymer
- Personal fit: Ear sleeves – XS, S, M, L (4 sets), Ear fins – S, M, L (3 sets)
- Connection: 2 devices simultaneously (HFP/A2DP), 8 devices in pairing list
- Audio codec: apt-X / apt-X LL / AAC / SBC