In a tweet not more than 8 hours ago, the CoinField Exchange, which is Canada’s most advanced trading platform, announced that it was evaluating adding XRP as a base currency. The tweet went on to mention that XRP will stand the possibility of being paired with 30 other cryptocurrencies as well as numerous other international fiat currencies.
The tweet went on to mention the exchange’s plans to expand globally as follows:
We’ve been evaluating the possibility of adding
#XRP as base currency for 30 direct crypto pairs along with USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY & AED. Part of our expansion plan in 69 countries.
Similar Call by XRP Community for Binance to List XRP as a Base Currency
The XRP community has on numerous occasions requested the popular crypto exchange of Binance to add the digital asset as a base currency on the platform. One twitter user would directly ask the exchange’s CEO, Changpeng Zhao, using the following words:
We would like to see
#XRP as one of the base assets on @Binance in order to move value much more quickly! Please do it @cz_binance ! Let’s get some retweets to let them know.
The reasons XRP fans have put forward the case for the digital asset to be used as a base currency, can be summarized as follows:
- It would help Binance for it is faster and cheaper
- A base currency of XRP would bring in more users to the exchange
- XRP is the fastest digital asset to transfer funds between exchanges
- Other exchanges are continually warming up to XRP as a base currency
- XRP would attract the big money movers – also known as whales – who’d increase the trade volume of the exchange: a win-win situation
- It is the natural and progressive thing to do given the popularity of XRP
As stated earlier, CoinField prides itself as being the top crypto exchange with one of the largest portfolio of coins available. Its chief goal is to make the world of cryptocurrencies more accessible to Canadians. The exchange currently has the Canadian Dollar paired with BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, DASH, BCH and BTG. It also has USD pairs for BTC and XRP.
With the possibility of XRP as a base currency on the exchange, the liquidity of the digital exchange will increase. The exchange will also attract loyal XRP fans to its platform.
[Image courtesy of twitter.com/coinfieldEX]